Here’s how “the surprise menu” went at Barcelona’s TICKETS.
TICKETS is one of the most coveted restaurants in Barcelona. With an order of a “Surprise Menu,” accompanied by glasses of cavas to kick off the meal, seemingly endless plates of tapas arrived with bewildered anticipation and sheer gastronomic satisfaction.
1. Watermelon infused with sangria
2. White anchovies dipped in olive oil – The Olive-S by Tickets
3. Xuxi with tomatoe seeds and Cantabrian anchovie
4. Joselito’s Gran Reserva iberian ham
5. Miniairbags stuffed with manchego cheese
6. Codium tempura with its vinagrette jus
7. Slices of tuna belly with its tartare, panceta and salmon roe
8. Tomato salad with transparent gazpacho jelly
9. Avocado cannelloni with crab and romesco sauce
10. Tomato tartar cone
11. Raw oysters with its pearl
12. Razor clams in escabeche sauce, saffron pearls and soy sauce shards
13. Steamed “Mollete” with chicken, funghi porcini and foie
14. Rabbit “taco” in Salmorejo style
15. Confit potatoes with pork rib jus and boiled iberian ham
16. Liquid ravioli of Payoyo cheese
17. Tuna belly tartare with a light spicy sauce and lime
18. Free range chicken “Sot y Less” brochette with mini Shiitake
19. Fried egg with truffled duck fat and potato cream
20. Grilled ribeye steak with potatoes and red peppers
21. Macerated prawns with soy and ginger
22. Marinated fried fish
23. Watermelon and soft Catalan cheese with basil ice cream
24. “The Animated Forest”: chocolate cake, pistachio sponge cake, ice cream, coconut caramel, meringue.
To make reservations at Tickets, visit their website here.