Mykonos is one of the most underrated places in the world. It has the same luxury as Santorini, but often for half the price.
Mykonos boasts an incredible amount of restaurants and cocktail lounges, but this list holds the best of the best in the area. Many travelers head to these bars around sunset in order to catch the views before the sun fades. Check out this list for some of the trendiest cocktail bars in Mykonos and for a fun night out on the island.
1. 180° Sunset Bar
Epar.Od. Mikonou, Mikonos 846 00, Greece
This cozy and casual cocktail bar is known for its breathtaking sunset views, playing soft music in the background as you sip Greek and international wines and champagnes. 180° Sunset Bar is also part lounge and part dance & night club. You’ll experience an endless blue expanse of the Aegean Sea as you sit around part of the preserved Castle Panigirakis estates which are part of the pre-industrial era.
The menu consists of a variety of meat and cheese plates, bruschetta with avocado cream and burrata, mini beef burgers with cucumber pickles, and even fish tacos with black beans and nori mayo. For dessert? Try the mango-coconut mousse with tapioca pearls or the choco-caramel explosion.
For drinks and wines, you’ll find a large list of whatever you’re in the mood foo. There are sauvignon blancs from northern Greece, rosés from French provinces, and reds from Spain. Some fun cocktails include:
- 180° Spritz: Aperol, carpano, ginger, and sour citrus mix
- 180° Mojito: Saffron infused rum & green apple
- Sunset Zombie: Herbs and spices blend rums, pink grapefruit, and falernum
- Watermelon Colada: Rum, coconut, and freshly made watermelon
- Signal Sangria: White port wine, pineapple fruit, almond, pink grapefruit & rose flavor liqueur
180° Sunset Bar is open 1.5 hours before sunset until midnight. Head to this specialty cocktail lounge to try the best spirits and a variety of gourmet dishes while taking in some of the best views on the island!
2. Bao’s Cocktail Bar
Lamprou Katsoni 1, Mikonos 846 00, Greece
This bar is located in the heart of Little Venice in Mykonos, with music from around the world and daring cocktails. In 1770, Pirate George Bao fought against the Turks to defend the island of Mykonos, and the island bears his name ever since in a chapel of Saint George’s.
The mango dazzle cocktail is one of the most famous items on the menu at Bao’s, a mix of fruity sweetness with a little punch. Other common drinks include the cool Mama Colada and the explosive Call Me Doctor.
Take advantage of the outdoor seating when you visit. Walk-ins are welcome but Bao’s also takes reservations. Stop by Bao’s for a true Mykonian adventure with historical hideaways and unique drinks.
3. Veranda Bar Mykonos
Little Venice Mykonos, Mikonos 846 00, Greece
Veranda Bar Mykonos is one of the most famous verandas on the island, having welcomed people to the area for more than 20 years. Try one of the champagne cocktails at sunset or even a late night coffee. The menu includes these highlights:
- Blackberry Whiskey Lemonade: whiskey, blackberries, lemon juice, spices, sugar
- Watermelon Sangria
- Blue Colada: vodka, coconut cream, pineapple, and blue curaca
There are also many mojitos, margaritas, and daiquiris. The Veranda Bar in Mykonos is a sure stop for any bucket list on the islands of Greece!
4. Caprice Bar Mykonos
Μύκονος 846 00, Greece
Caprice Bar is synonymous with summer fun and nightlife entertainment, originally established in 1980. This bar has been praised internationally as a trend-setting bar. Newsweek named it one of the 10 Best Bars Worldwide. Showbiz stars, artists, and jetsetters visit here often, so keep your eyes peeled! Innovative Greek style combines with natural elegance, built right near the water with cobblestone ledges to take in the picturesque sunsets.
This bar is known for its famous fruit sticks and the Caprice cocktail made with vodka and dark rum blended together in a turquoise color. Karpouzi watermelon shots and Ginger Volumes will turn any traveler’s night into one with good vibes and a welcoming atmosphere
5. Oniro Bar
9, Dikastika 190 07, Greece
The Oniro Bar and Restaurant is located very close to the center of town in Mykonos. There are a variety of cocktails and dishes, with one amazing view behind it all. There is cozy lounge ambiance, and you’ll be eating amidst the calm evening breeze. There is even a homemade breakfast buffet spread with a variety of omelettes for early risers!
Some specialties on the restaurant menu:
- Traditional meatballs with local cheese & sour cream
- Hot shrimp “saganaki” appetizer with feta cheese and tomato
- Ravioli “Oniro” with local cheese & tomato sauce
- Souvlaki pork meat marinated with black beer & thyme
- Grilled salmon with purée of beets & vegetables
Some specialties on the cocktail menu:
- Oniro Zombie: Rum blend, Greek brandy, triple sec, orange juice, pineapple, fresh lime juice, bitters, grenadine
- Pirate Hunter: Jagermeister, white rum, ginger syrup, fresh lime juice, bitters
- Summer Dream: Liqueur Mastiha, vodka, cucumber syrup, fresh lime juice, simple syrup, basil
Amanda spent a week in Mykonos, Greece.