BY TEAM JST
Our team brings you daily fun photos from around the world, oh! Help us finish this sentence, “only when jetsetting…”
Only when jetsetting…will you see a metro car full of smurfs! (Photo taken by Jocelyn Reist in Barcelona, Spain)
5. Gaudi is considered one of the great architects who built La Sagrada Familia, a Roman Catholic Church in Barcelona. He chose to take the donkey of a woman selling sand as a model for the main entrance to this church.
4. Saint Georges Day is the national holiday where people give each other roses and books. This inspired UNESCO to officialize April 23rd as International Day of Books!
3. Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain, after Madrid.
2. Barcelona beach was listed as #1 in top ten beach cities in the world according to National Geographic and Discovery Channel. There are seven beaches in Barcelona.
1. FC Barcelona is the most famous and popular soccer (football) team. FC Barcelona has its own stadium which is the biggest stadium in Europe, fitting 100,000 people!
YOU’LL ALSO LOVE:
FULL PROOF GUIDE IN GETTING THE PERFECT SANDWICH IN “BO DE B” IN BARCELONA Step #1: Gauge the line – As a rule of thumb, always expect the line to be long and be prepared to wait. (Just know it’s worth it!)…
DRAG, DRAMA AND DRINKING: CARNAVAL IN SITGES, SPAIN For many European countries, Carnaval is the most fun week (or longer) of the year. Unless you…
PICASSO AND CHOCOLATE CHURROS AT ELS CUATRE GATS IN BARCELONA Els Cuatre Gats, Catalan for The Four Cats, is the perfect sightseeing break in the middle of the Gothic Quarter…