Because of the calming and relaxing effects of CBD balm, many travelers are now choosing this alternative treatment.
Travel anxiety happens to some people. Sometimes, no matter how you avoid travels, you need to go interstate or abroad because of work or business. You probably need to meet clients or investors in another state or country. Of course, you also don’t want to miss opportunities to bond with your family and friends by going to new places and discovering different tourist spots and landmarks.
The popularity of CBD is overwhelming, and many people choose CBD products, like CBD balm, because of their promising health benefits. Patients are now given more options when it comes to managing signs and symptoms of various medical disorders, including travel anxiety.
In this post, you’ll learn how CBD balm can help reduce travel anxiety.
CBD Balm Fragrance Provides Calming Effect
A balm refers to a fragrant preparation or ointment used in soothing and healing the skin and relieving nasal congestion. One popular type of balm is CBD balm that helps revitalize the skin, promotes relaxation, and calms the senses. It contains cannabidiol or CBD, a known active cannabis compound (cannabinoid), both found in hemp muscle salve and cannabis.
The fragrance of CBD balm can help travelers reduce anxiety by applying it into applicable body areas for different issues that may lead to travel anxiety. However, balms can cause a greasy feeling, but there are different ways to apply CBD balm to avoid it.
Here are the two ways to apply CBD balm:
- Rubbing Method: Gently rub fingers over the CBD balm without breaking the surface. Rub the CBD balm into any part of the body, like the forehead (so you can easily smell the fragrance) to help relieve travel anxiety.
- Digging Method: This method is applicable for applying CBD balm to larger body areas or intensive treatments. Dig a pea-sized amount by using a cosmetic paddle or thumbnail so you can easily break the surface of the CBD balm. To liquefy, warm the balm between your palms and apply anywhere you need it. For travel anxiety, you can give your neck and head or even your back a CBD balm massage with the help of a family member, friend, or caregiver, 30 minutes to an hour to benefit from its calming and relaxation effects before traveling to help avoid travel anxiety attack.
Applying Appropriate Amounts of CBD Balm Is More Effective
CBD balms lower risk of travel fear or anxiety with proper application. As contrary to what most people think, less CBD balm application is better. CBD balms are best applied in moderate amounts to be more effective. You can start with less and just add more if you can’t feel the desired effects. In that way, you’ll give the skin enough time to easily absorb CBD. Too much CBD balm should be removed by blotting the area with a paper towel or tissue.
Here are some tips when using CBD balm to help relieve travel anxiety:
- Clean Hands Properly: While travel anxiety can be relieved by CBD balm, there’s a high chance of bacterial growth when incorrectly handled. Travelers are at risk of different kinds of infections, most especially when traveling in developing countries. That’s why proper hand washing is important before applying CBD balm.
- Keep CBD Balm Covered: When not in use, make it a point to cover your CBD balm to avoid bacterial exposure and extreme temperatures. Like other balms, CBD balm can melt and cool with changes in temperatures, thus changing its consistency.
- Smell It: Make sure that you smell your CBD balm to ensure its potency and efficacy. You’re probably only using your CBD balm when traveling, so think about the last time you used it and assess the odor. If your CBD balm changed consistency, but it still smells good, then you can still use it. Otherwise, you need a new one.
CBD Balm Is Absorbed by the Skin to Reduce Travel Anxiety
Travelers who experience travel anxiety undergo different emotions. It can be a combination of fear, excitement, and negative emotions. The cause is not apparent or generally unknown. It could be due to previously bad travel experience, intense worry due to news or reports about the place, or unclear travel expectations.
While you can take anti-anxiety medications, they have side effects that are not good for health. That’s why using alternative treatment, like applying CBD balm, is a good idea. CBD topical, like CBD balms, can be readily absorbed by the skin upon application, and the effects can last six hours to a few days.
CBD balms are a fantastic way to enjoy your travel because it can help lower or eliminate travel anxiety. Because of the calming and relaxing effects of CBD balm, many travelers are now choosing this alternative treatment to flight anxiety and other forms and sources of anxiety. Don’t allow anxiety to spoil your vacation or business travels. Use CBD products to have a healthier and improved quality of life, so you can fully enjoy traveling alone, or with family and friends.