Cobblestones are everywhere, so bring comfortable shoes.
Packing for your trip to Prague is all about two keys points: weather and comfortable shoes. Prague tends to rain all year round, so make sure to bring an umbrella or pack a raincoat. Cobblestones are everywhere, they tend to be slippery after rain. Be sure to bring adequate shoes and comfortable ones as you’ll practically live in them.
Here’s a list of must-pack items for every season:
- For going to the theater or concerts: Women – classy dress and nice heels. Men – button-up shirt, slacks and nice shoes.
- Raincoat & umbrella: prep for rain all year round
- For walking on cobblestones all day: 1 pair of sneakers (or comfortable shoes)
- Swimwear: for hitting the hotel pool
- Soap/shower gel
- Toothpaste + toothbrush
- Razor + shaving cream
- Comb or brush
- Underwear (Ladies: bras)
- 220-voltage converter
- Computer/phone chargers
- External battery
- Hard drive: if you want to backup your images
- Men: money belts to prevent pickpockets
Spring in Prague can be chilly to beautifully mild weather. In March, the average weather is around 30s – 40s. Layers are important, so pack light but warm clothes.
Prague summers can be hot with July in the high 70s. Dresses, light shirts, shorts are all great options. But early mornings and late nights can be colder, so make sure to bring wraps or light scarfs. Rain is especially prevalent during this time of the year, so prep umbrella, raincoats and waterproof shoes.
Below 0° C is normal during wintertime in Prague. Though occasional snow can be expected, pack up your cozy sweaters, coats, scarfs, hats and gloves. You’ll need them as you stroll through Christmas markets or when you’re not chugging down beers inside a rowdy pub.