BY TEAM JST
Egencia, the business travel brand of Expedia, Inc. this week announced new ‘mobile only’ hotel deals to address business travelers’ demand and necessity for last-minute hotel stays. For us travel-mongrels, this means intense discounts from thousands of hotel partners worldwide, all just for booking on our smartphones. We say that’s a win, win. Here are some fast facts about the new mobile-only deals:
1. The Discounts are Deep: You’ll save a range of 10 to 50 percent off public rates at approximately 7,200 hotels worldwide. You could do a lot with that cash in a new city!
2. They’re Meant for the Last Minute Booker: “Road warriors are adept at navigating their travel plans including last-minute bookings,” says Mark Hollyhead, Egencia’s senior vice president of the Americas. “Our new mobile hotel deals are designed to appeal to those travelers who value flexibility and are cost-conscious.”
3. Cold feet? No Problem. More than one third of hotels participating in Egencia’s ‘mobile only’ deals program are also offering same day cancellations and loyalty points to travelers. Hotels are based in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
4. Business Travelers Get Perks. “We’re delighted to partner with Egencia to offer last-minute mobile deals from Dana Hotel and Spa to business travelers,” says Liana Clark, director of sales and marketing for the Dana Hotel and Spa in Chicago. “Our modern boutique hotels cater to the needs of road warriors by offering complimentary gym access and in-room Wi-Fi with power plugs for multiple devices. These are just a few things we’re doing to make life away from home easier for those who travel most for work.”
5. So What Do The Hotels Get Out Of This? Hotels benefit from Egencia’s ‘mobile only’ offering as it provides them with the opportunity to capture last-minute business travelers that are in proximity to their properties.
6. If They Use It Themselves, It Must Work. Laurie Miyake, travel administrator for Amada America, Inc., says, “Our service engineers are on the road five days a week and will take full advantage of Egencia’s mobile only hotel deals. Frequently they do not know the exact area of a city where they will complete the final job of the night, or where they need to start tomorrow’s job until late in the day. Now they can tap the Egencia app, search nearby hotels and secure a deal.”
7. Get the App: Beginning in mid-February, the deals are accessible to business travelers using Egencia’s new smart travel companion app, Egencia TripNavigator. U.S. and Canadian travelers will also be able to access ‘mobile only’ hotel deals via Egencia’s mobile booking website.