BY TEAM JST
Pharrell Williams made a splash at this year’s CES with his stamp of approval on Liquipel – a watersafe technology that provides protection against 80% of all liquid damage scenarios without the use of a case. How great would it be to have your phone protected as you travel? Accidents happen on the road, from unexpected rainfalls to champagne spills during any crowded party, these are no longer a threat to your electronic devices.
Here’s how it works:
1. Liquipel is a specialized process that applies a liquid repellent substance to electronic devices.
2. Then, they place the device into their proprietary machine which pumps down to create a vacuum.
3. Once the vacuum process is complete, they inject Liquipel formulation which turns from a liquid to a gas as it enters the chamber.
4. In the final step, they introduce plasma which decomposes the liquid repellent molecules polymerizing them to themselves.
5. Once the chamber comes back to atmospheric pressure we then remove your device with no cure time and the process is complete. Liquipel becomes the new surface of your device and its components.
To Liquipel your iPhone costs $60, you can even Liquipel other types of phones from a Blackberry, Samsung to an HTC. There are other tablets you can liquipel too. There are also pretreated phones you can buy on their website.