BY TEAM JST
A completely redesigned version of FlightTrack for iOS and Android has been released. New and notable features include the ability to group flights into trips, easily distinguish who is traveling on specific flights, and view which flights have onboard Wi-Fi.
Previously available as FlightTrack and FlightTrack Pro, the new version will replace both older versions and will be offered for$2.99 until December 1, 2013. After this introductory period, the app will be available for $4.99.
“We’ve come a long way since FlightTrack first launched in 2008,” said Scott Corliss, Director of Product at Mobiata. “Over the last year, we challenged ourselves to create an experience that exceeds anything we’ve shipped before while continuing to deliver the great features travelers have come to depend on.”
Here are 8 awesome things you can do with the new features of the redesigned app:
1. Real-time alerts for flight departure and arrival times, delays, and gate numbers
2. Option to group flights into trips and customize trip names
3. Ability to distinguish who is traveling on specific flights
4. Functionality to share trips or individual flights via email, text message, Twitter, and Facebook
5. Information on which flights offer on-board Wi-Fi (when data is available)
6. Actual scheduled flight paths
7. Beautiful, zoomable maps with satellite and weather radar imagery
8. Information for all departing and arriving flights for over 3,000 airports and 1,400 airlines worldwide
The new FlightTrack will be offered for iPhone (optimized for iOS 7) and Android phones versions 4.0 and newer. Previous versions of the app will continue to be supported and a tablet release will be available in the coming months.