BY TEAM JST
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has officially opened the doors of its first luxury hotel in India. Located on Residency Road in the heart of downtown Bangalore, the hotel is part of a destination renowned for its world-class shopping, dining and entertainment.
Bangalore is India’s third largest city and best known as the Silicon Valley of India, featuring areas like Electronic City, though vast expanses of lush greenery have also earned it the name of The Garden City. Bangalore is home to 400 of the Top Fortune 500 companies and is the fastest growing major metropolis in India. The city also enjoys a rich cultural heritage with a thriving theatre and arts scene.
As guests begin to shuffle in, we let you in on seven different ways Ritz-Carlton says “Nameste” in the divine city of Bangalore!
1. The 277 room city center Ritz-Carlton hotel embraces tradition with the Jaali (lattice screen) design from the Mughal era and many architectural and interior design features, including pointed archways and ample white marble reminiscent of the Taj Mahal.
2. Jaali screens offer a sense of privacy while allowing light to flow through them. An impressive marble staircase is the center piece of the hotel interior and decorative paintings and sculptures, coupled with intricate Jaali patterns, are all carefully blended to form an essential part of the hotel’s character. With 1,280 pieces of contemporary art from prominent artists, The Ritz-Carlton,Bangalore is home to the largest collection inside a hotel.
3. The Lantern, designed by Japanese interior designers, Super Potato, is Bangalore’s stunning three-level restaurant, shaped like a glass Lantern. Authentic Chinese dim sum and cuisine from different provinces of China will be served.
4. The Market all-day dining room, also created by Super Potato, is Bangalore’s only culinary theatre which also includes a unique wine room and private dining spaces for guests.
5. The city’s highest rooftop bar and sky lounge, Bang, designed by Imagination, is the platform from which to view the best sunsets and panoramic views of Bangalore over cocktails and Jaali inspired dishes.
6. The Lobby Lounge brings legendary Ritz-Carlton Afternoon Tea service and cocktails to Bangalore and The Ritz-Carlton Bar completes the distinctive variety of bars and restaurants with the widest selection of cocktails and fine wines in the city.
7. The sanctuary includes The Ritz-Carlton Spa by ESPA, an experience with native Ayurvedic and internationally-acclaimed treatments.